Sunday, April 26, 2009

5

"He whom we love and lose is no longer where he was before. He is now wherever we are." -John Chrysostom

I can't believe it has been 5 years. Tomorrow marks the anniversary. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting on the deck talking about how beautiful it was out. It was a sunny day. It was a Saturday. I stopped for a visit, went for a run. I remember it being unseasonably warm. I went to Madison the next day for a school retreat, came back Monday night and found out he was not feeling well. The next morning, he passed away. It was sad. Our hearts broke. We stayed close to each other, leaned on each other and soaked up all the love from our family and friends. As hard as it was, we kept going. And you know what? I can still hear his voice just like it was that Saturday. I can still see his face. I can still feel his presence. I can still feel his strength. I know he's still with us. It still hurts, but he lives in our hearts and I am thankful for the memories. There are so many good memories. My heart is with the entire Seitz family these coming days. Each and every one of them. The Birds of Paradise are in bloom in Malta and I bet the sun is shining on Beaufort Lake. :)

Love, Audrey

No comments: