Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day! I got a package yesterday!! Thanks to my parents, I will not have to go without my Runner's World magazine. They're mailing them monthly---I spent yesterday morning peeling myself away from the magazine and working on a paper for my religion class...not as exciting, but I suppose I am studying abroad. :)

The day got even more exciting when my friend Kelsey came to visit for the week. She arrived safe and sound and is enjoying Malta so far, getting to know all the Luther/Concordia folks. The 12 of us celebrated Valentine's Day with a good dinner out---we enjoyed not cooking and doing dishes!
Today we went to a church a few blocks away. The entire service was in Maltese, I'm not really sure what was going on, but I'm pretty sure it's all the same God anyway and so I just sat and observed. As I went to get communion, the organ played Peace like a River. Perfect. After the service and a quick lunch we went to the National Museum of Archaeology and visited the State Room (equivalent of the White House). The sun came out as we got to the Barrakka Gardens, it was beautiful. Here are some pictures of the day. The first is the capital of Malta, Valletta. The second, ruins placed in the museum from 5000 BC--so old!! And, the third is the Bakkarra Gardens. I think they'll only get prettier as spring comes.


Love,
Audrey

1 comment:

Ricki said...

Happy belated Valentines Day!!
I was watching HGTV last night, and House Hunters International was on. Guess where they were looking for an apartment??
That's right, Malta!!
I got so excited; Phil looked at me like I was nuts lol.
I miss you! Hope you're having a great time! It looks beautiful!
Love you!