Wednesday, October 14, 2009

overwhelmed.

In the midst of midterm week and a general state of anxiety and stress among the student body, I have found other reasons to be overwhelmed. And, these are good ones.

I'm coordinating a book drive at LC with some other Malta folks. We have been able to send a box a week, a few hundred books already headed over the Atlantic. Thanks to my family and friends who have brought car loads of books to my house. Thanks to the schools and church groups that are collecting them by the box full. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. It makes my heart sing. The residents of Marsa and Hal Far will be so, so happy.

It was the phrases like these in Malta that made me overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with joy.

"Teacher, teacher---I can write the alphabet."
"Sister, it's not time to quit yet, 10 more minutes."
"Miss, when will you all come back? We still have much to learn."

Thanks to all my book-loving friends and family out there----you have all come through big time. I'm overwhelmed with thanks. If you want check this out, Malta Times.

Love, Audrey

No comments: