Saturday, May 9, 2009

Change of plans...

I just looked at my blog---the last post was from Thursday morning. I had no idea that by Thursday night I would have a flight booked home and would arrive in the states Friday. But, sometimes things happen. Life happens. We get sick and we need an Emergency Room visit---not a house call from a Maltese doctor.

So, if you haven't heard already, I'm home. It wasn't as planned.

It is great to be home. To be able to crawl into my own bed and sleep. To see my parents and talk to friends. I had the time of my life in Malta. When I found out I was coming home my friends went into high gear helping me get ready. They packed my bags, helped reschedule flights, we sat on the roof 'til 2am talking about the semester and looking at the stars. I am grateful for their friendship.

It was a great semester. I love, love, love Malta. And, I love, love, love being home.

Love, Audrey

P.S. This blog is not over---I still have a lot of stories to tell. :)

2 comments:

Ricki said...

SO glad you went,
SO glad you are back,
SO glad to hear the IV helped.
:)

margaret said...

WELCOME HOME SWEETIE!!!
I am so glad you are feeling better! You had a lot of healing thoughts going across thousands of miles your way! And all those firsts you were planning---you still get those, just on a different day. What a journey you have had---the places you have seen, the people you have met, the things you have learned. These are all things that will stay with you and will contribute to your growth into the wonderful young woman you are becoming. And later in life you may find that something or someone in Malta will change your way of thinking, alter your actions, or challenge your beliefs. And you are right---your blog should not end! Because "this great adventure called life" doesn't end because you came home from Malta. There are still so many roads to travel, so many paths to walk, and so much sky to soar through. These adventures you may find across a continent or across a table having coffee with a friend. Keep your eyes and ears open! Life awaits!!
Love ya!