Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Headed to Egypt...

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” Anais Nin

I think this is a good quote to keep in my head this week. Not only this week, but all weeks. I believe it's a good quote to live by. There's a difference between courage and absence of fear. For me, courage means that fear is present but you keep going anyway. You sometimes plow right on through, sometimes take tiny steps. It's the little things that help, like a stone that says breathe, a little prayer cloth some women knit for me at church, the fact that the child who lives below me plays the piano and I can still hear the wonder of basic chord progressions, socks that say be present, and mail from home. It's the little things that keep me going---simple actions of encouragement and love. Thank you all for your support! It means more than you know. Take care, hope all is well in the states.

Love, Audrey

No comments: